This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9935 / 51°59'36"N
Longitude: -2.1538 / 2°9'13"W
OS Eastings: 389538
OS Northings: 232792
OS Grid: SO895327
Mapcode National: GBR 1JK.VPT
Mapcode Global: VH93T.M574
Entry Name: Osborne House (15) Including Wall and Outbuilding
Listing Date: 31 October 1989
Last Amended: 25 April 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1201230
English Heritage Legacy ID: 376740
Location: Tewkesbury, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20
Civil Parish: Tewkesbury
Built-Up Area: Tewkesbury
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Tewkesbury Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO8932 EAST STREET
859-1/6/159 (North side)
31/10/89 Nos.14, 15 AND 16
Osborne House (15) including wall
(Formerly Listed as:
Nos.14, 16, 17 AND 18
1-16 (Cons) NE Terrace inc Oldbury
Cottage & dwelling adj to E)
Row of houses, formerly part of factory complex with offices.
1825 for George Freeman, lace manufacturer.
Flemish bond brickwork, slate roof concealed behind parapet,
including return at left end, brick stacks. Double-depth plan.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys, 2+2-windowed. Street front has two
4-paned wide-spaced sashes above a wide 3-light casement with
4-centred heads and a 4-pane sash, with rendered brick
voussoirs and brick cills. To the left, in attached boundary
walling, is good 6-panel fielded C19 door to segmental
relieving arch, and beyond is a small pyramid-roofed
outbuilding with single-plate glass sash. The boundary wall
also has a chamfer-brick string at approx 2m from pavement,
cut through by the door and window head. Return left has
4-pane sash in parapet wall.
The return continues as a wing in No.14, a rendered house,
refronted in the mid C19. In 2 storeys, 4-windowed; at first
floor one 12-pane and three 4-pane sashes, each with a
residual keystone, and at ground floor a tall French window
with keystone and a large canted hipped bay with plate-glass
sashes and central French doors. At centre a half-hipped porch
on a 3-panel part-glazed door. Brick stack to left, and lower
extension with 4-pane and 12-pane sashes.
No.16 has replacement windows to splayed rendered lintels and
stone cills, C20 door with rectangular transom-light, and, to
right, a large opening to semicircular arch to North East
Terrace (qv). This is part of the front block to the former
stocking-weaving factory, incorporating offices or other
ancillary accommodation. It is continuous with Nos 17 & 18
Listing NGR: SO8953832792
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings