This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9974 / 51°59'50"N
Longitude: -0.9908 / 0°59'27"W
OS Eastings: 469380
OS Northings: 233701
OS Grid: SP693337
Mapcode National: GBR 9XQ.NBR
Mapcode Global: VHDT8.S213
Entry Name: The Butcher's Arms
Listing Date: 21 November 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1201404
English Heritage Legacy ID: 377230
Location: Buckingham, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, MK18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Buckingham
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Buckingham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP6933 NELSON STREET
879-1/6/132 (East side)
The Butcher's Arms
House, formerly public house. Probably C17, altered C19 and
C20. Rendered over timber-framing with slate roof and brick
end stack to left. L-plan. 2-storeys and attic; 2-window
range. C20 door to right of centre with window directly to
right and moulded wood surround. Passageway to far right.
2-light casement window to ground floor left. Similar windows
to 1st floor. 2-storey wing to rear left continued by
single-storey wing. Blocked doorway in passage with wood
INTERIOR has massive chamfered spine beam to ground floor
front room, and stop-chamfered spine beam to ground floor back
room. Same room has small open fireplace with wood lintel. The
building reputed to have ceased to be a public house in 1935.
Listing NGR: SP6938333700
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings