This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.2644 / 50°15'51"N
Longitude: -5.0518 / 5°3'6"W
OS Eastings: 182596
OS Northings: 44948
OS Grid: SW825449
Mapcode National: GBR ZF.XG5V
Mapcode Global: FRA 089B.HQ4
Entry Name: No 14a and Chantry at Rear
Listing Date: 29 December 1950
Last Amended: 30 July 1993
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1201459
English Heritage Legacy ID: 377393
Location: Truro, Cornwall, TR1
Civil Parish: Truro
Built-Up Area: Truro
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Mary Truro
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW8244NE HIGH CROSS
880-1/7/73 (North side)
and chantry at rear
(Formerly Listed as:
Town house and chantry at rear, now commercial premises.
Mid/late C18, with older possibly C17 range at rear. Ashlar
plinth, render replacing stucco on rubble; asbestos slate roof
with wide eaves; brick axial stack towards right of front
range, external stone lateral stack to right-hand side of rear
wing. Double-depth plan with 2 reception rooms at the front
(wider room on the right) flanking an entrance hall plus older
deep range at rear right. 3 storeys; regular 4-window south
street front. Plinth, string courses and brackets under the
eaves; doorway, towards the left, has panelled pilasters,
triangular pediment and panelled reveals. Early C19 hornless
sashes with glazing bars except for horned copy at 1st floor
left. Rear has C18 first-floor sash with thick glazing bars
and tall round-headed stair sash with spoked fanlight head.
INTERIOR not inspected but likely to be of interest.
Listing NGR: SW8259244941
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings