This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4038 / 53°24'13"N
Longitude: -3.0803 / 3°4'48"W
OS Eastings: 328276
OS Northings: 390210
OS Grid: SJ282902
Mapcode National: GBR 6YX2.XJ
Mapcode Global: WH761.NPDX
Entry Name: Old Granary, Cart Shed and Attached Pigsties at Church Farmhouse
Listing Date: 29 July 1950
Last Amended: 10 August 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1201548
English Heritage Legacy ID: 389233
Location: Wirral, CH43
Electoral Ward/Division: Bidston and St James
Built-Up Area: Birkenhead
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: Bidston St Oswald
Church of England Diocese: Chester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 17/07/2014
Bidston Village Road (South side)
Old Granary, cart shed and attached pigsties at Church Farmhouse
(Formerly Listed as Outbuilding at rear of Church Farmhouse)
(Formerly listed under HOYLAKE ROAD)
Granary and cart-shed early C18. Coursed and squared stone with Welsh slate roof. Granary forms two-storeyed block to left, with segmentally arched double doorway with voussoirs to ground floor, and loft window above. External staircase to left with dog kennel under the stairs, giving access to door to loft in chamfered angle. Single-storey cart shed with 3 open bays divided by piers. Adjoining to the rear, and probably integrally built, 2 pigsties.
Listing NGR: SJ2827690210
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings