This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.397 / 53°23'49"N
Longitude: -3.0119 / 3°0'42"W
OS Eastings: 332811
OS Northings: 389382
OS Grid: SJ328893
Mapcode National: GBR 7YD5.Q0
Mapcode Global: WH876.PWY5
Entry Name: Transit Sheds to South East of Morpeth Branch Dock
Listing Date: 19 February 1991
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1201562
English Heritage Legacy ID: 389268
Location: Wirral, CH41
Electoral Ward/Division: Birkenhead and Tranmere
Built-Up Area: Birkenhead
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: Birkenhead Christ the King
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ3289 PACIFIC ROAD
789-1/9/112 (North West side)
19/02/91 Transit Sheds to SE of Morpeth
Transit sheds. c1872. Rock-faced sandstone with Welsh slate
roofs. Range of 4 single-storeyed sheds. Series of wide
openings with sliding doors to dockside, the street elevation
largely blind, but punctuated by recessed downspouts.
Segmentally arched openings in the two end walls, with
circular ventilation windows in gable apexes. The sheds are
separated by cross walls which project above the roofline with
tumbled stone copings. Some interconnecting wide doorways in
internal cross walls. Undivided internal spaces spanned by
timber Queen post trusses, with wrought iron lateral and
longitudinal ties and braces. The sheds date from the
expansion of Morpeth Dock in 1872-1873, under the supervision
of G.F. Lyster as engineer, and are the only stone transit
sheds on Mersey-side.
Listing NGR: SJ3281189382
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings