This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5868 / 52°35'12"N
Longitude: -2.1287 / 2°7'43"W
OS Eastings: 391376
OS Northings: 298782
OS Grid: SO913987
Mapcode National: GBR 1DK.53
Mapcode Global: WHBFZ.87LR
Entry Name: Terrace Walls and Steps of St Peter's Church, Lich Gates
Listing Date: 31 March 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1201809
English Heritage Legacy ID: 378404
Location: Wolverhampton, WV1
County: City of Wolverhampton
Electoral Ward/Division: St Peter's
Built-Up Area: Wolverhampton
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Central Wolverhampton
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SO9198NW EXCHANGE STREET
895-1/11/220 (East side)
Terrace Walls and Steps of St
Peter's Church, Lich Gates
Terrace walls extending approximately 79m with 38m return
round area to north and 35m return round area to south and war
memorial (q.v.); steps across middle of landscaped area to
west. 1905-7. Sandstone ashlar, with rock-faced revetting and
lower terrace wall to south; wrought-iron gates. Walls have
roll-moulded coping and battered piers with ball finials;
steps in 2 flights with oval area between; statue of Lady
Wulfruna dated 1974 and gates to south leading to steps down,
(those to north removed); paired enriched gates with
cartouches; lamp standards to top and bottom of steps. 2 seat
alcoves to revetting have segmental arches dying into jambs.
Gate to south-west angle. Lamp standard to north-east angle.
An important landscape feature between the church and the
square in front of the Civic Offices.
Listing NGR: SO9137698782
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings