This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4767 / 51°28'35"N
Longitude: -2.6324 / 2°37'56"W
OS Eastings: 356173
OS Northings: 175488
OS Grid: ST561754
Mapcode National: GBR JP.L6JH
Mapcode Global: VH88M.B46T
Entry Name: Number 2 and Attached Garden Balustrade
Listing Date: 4 March 1977
Last Amended: 30 December 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1202077
English Heritage Legacy ID: 379166
Location: Bristol, BS9
County: City of Bristol
Electoral Ward/Division: Stoke Bishop
Built-Up Area: Bristol
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bristol
Church of England Parish: Stoke Bishop
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
ST5775 CHURCH ROAD, Sneyd Park
901-1/31/1776 (North East side)
and attached garden balustrade
Includes: No.27 STOKE HILL Stoke Bishop.
House. c1870. Possibly by Henry Shaw. Red rubble with
limestone dressings, brick stacks and patterned tile gable and
hip roofs. Irregular double-depth plan. Gothic Revival style.
2 storeys and attic, 3 storeys at the rear; 4-window range. A
porch with a sloping roof is set between a large left-hand
gable and right-hand projection with chimney breast to a range
of diagonally-set stacks; 8-panel porch door has slim flanking
windows; 2- and 3-light stair windows rise diagonally up the
gable with varied trefoil and 2-centred heads, mullions and
transoms, and leaded casements with stained glass. At the rear
is a canted bay to a swept pyramidal roof and a large verandah
with arch-braced posts; eaves dormers, and decorative roof
finials. INTERIOR not inspected.
SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: garden terrace balustrade and steps have
Listing NGR: ST5617375488
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings