This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4534 / 51°27'12"N
Longitude: -2.6148 / 2°36'53"W
OS Eastings: 357377
OS Northings: 172891
OS Grid: ST573728
Mapcode National: GBR C3K.NV
Mapcode Global: VH88M.MQJP
Entry Name: Wall, Gate Piers and Gates of Former Church of St Andrew (Now Demolished)
Listing Date: 4 March 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1202109
English Heritage Legacy ID: 379251
Location: Bristol, BS8
County: City of Bristol
Electoral Ward/Division: Clifton
Built-Up Area: Bristol
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bristol
Church of England Parish: Clifton Christ Church with Emmanuel
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
ST5772NW CLIFTON HILL, Clifton
901-1/14/779 (North side)
04/03/77 Wall, gate piers and gates of former
Church of St Andrew (now demolished)
Walls, piers, railings and gates. 1819-1822. By James Foster.
Squared coursed Carboniferous limestone, cast- and
wrought-iron railings and gates. Rendered octagonal piers with
pointed caps to an iron gateway with spear-headed railings
forming piers to an ogee overthrow and lamp, with double gates
and flanking pedestrian gates. Graveyard wall extends for
approx 70m to the E and N, with a moulded coping.
Listing NGR: ST5737672892
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings