History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Boat House at Elvaston Castle to East End of the Lake

A Grade II Listed Building in Elvaston, Derbyshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.893 / 52°53'34"N

Longitude: -1.3916 / 1°23'29"W

OS Eastings: 441028

OS Northings: 333012

OS Grid: SK410330

Mapcode National: GBR 7GP.NYV

Mapcode Global: WHDH1.LKK0

Entry Name: Boat House at Elvaston Castle to East End of the Lake

Listing Date: 11 March 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1203833

English Heritage Legacy ID: 83018

Location: Elvaston, South Derbyshire, Derbyshire, DE72

County: Derbyshire

District: South Derbyshire

Civil Parish: Elvaston

Traditional County: Derbyshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire

Church of England Parish: Elvaston-cum-Thulston-cum-Ambaston St Bartholomew

Church of England Diocese: Derby

Find accommodation in
Shardlow

Listing Text

SK 43 SW PARISH OF ELVASTON BORROWASH ROAD
2/32 (North Side)
Boat House at Elvaston
Castle to East End of
the Lake
GV II
Boat house. Mid C19, built for the Earl of Harrington, probably
by William Barron. Red brick with steeply pitched banded
fishscale and plain tile roof plus decorative bargeboards to
gables and the wide overhanging eaves. Two storeys and single
bay. Lake-side elevation has a full width opening with timber
lintel supported to centre by wooden pier and above a wide
unglazed segment headed window. Rear elevation has two full
height pilaster strips with low boarded opening below and a
central segment headed doorcase with plank door above. Above
again is an unglazed segment headed window. Built as part of
the lavish wardens, designed by William Barron, between 1830 and
1860, which are included in the Derbyshire Historic Gardens
Register at Grade II*.


Listing NGR: SK4102833012

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.