History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Vicarage

A Grade II Listed Building in Etwall, Derbyshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8852 / 52°53'6"N

Longitude: -1.6006 / 1°36'2"W

OS Eastings: 426969

OS Northings: 332047

OS Grid: SK269320

Mapcode National: GBR 5CY.450

Mapcode Global: WHCFT.DQ0Z

Entry Name: The Vicarage

Listing Date: 22 August 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1203916

English Heritage Legacy ID: 82602

Location: Etwall, South Derbyshire, Derbyshire, DE65

County: Derbyshire

District: South Derbyshire

Civil Parish: Etwall

Traditional County: Derbyshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire

Church of England Parish: Etwall St Helen

Church of England Diocese: Derby

Find accommodation in
Trusley

Listing Text

SK 26/2732 PARISH OF ETWALL CHURCH HILL
6/15 (East Side)
The Vicarage, No. 39
II


Vicarage. Mid C18, extended and altered in 1842, also extended
in late C19. Red brick with brick and stone dressings. Plain
tile roofs, with brick coped gables, brick gable stacks, that to
north external, and timber bracketed eaves cornice to mid C18
part, and brick ridge stacks to rear addition. Mid C18 part
also has a plain first floor band. Two storeys and two bays
with large three bay addition to rear. West front has the
original house to centre with two, almost full height, glazing
bar sashes under wedge lintels with incised voussoirs and double
keystones. Between these is an area of disturbed brickwork
where the original doorcase must have been. Above are two
similar windows to those below. Attached to north side of the
original house is a segmental, two storey brick bay with no
openings and attached to the south is a single storey addition
with a moulded early C19 doorcase to south side and small
casement under segment head to west side. Rear wing has three
glazing bar sashes under segment heads to south side and three
similar above. Interior refashioned in 1842 with stick baluster
staircase and marble fire surrounds.


Listing NGR: SK2696932047

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.