This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4177 / 51°25'3"N
Longitude: 0.5635 / 0°33'48"E
OS Eastings: 578346
OS Northings: 171856
OS Grid: TQ783718
Mapcode National: GBR PPJ.580
Mapcode Global: VHJLN.QM7L
Entry Name: Church of St Werburgh
Listing Date: 21 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1204440
English Heritage Legacy ID: 172901
Location: Hoo St. Werburgh, Medway, ME3
Civil Parish: Hoo St. Werburgh
Built-Up Area: Hoo St Werburgh
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Hoo St Werburgh
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
HOO ST WERBURGH CP CHURCH STREET
TQ 77 SE
6/68 South side
Church of St Werburgh
Parish church. C12-C15. Ragstone with tiled roofs. West tower
with shingled spire, nave with north and south aisles, north and
south porches and chancel. West tower battlemented with north-
west turret and shingled spire, all clasped by the aisles.
Norman pilaster buttresses with tufa dressings visible over aisle
roofs. C14 windows in aisles with cusped intersecting tracery.
Interior: C13 nave arcades of 3 bays with round piers and double
chamfered arches. Blocked east arch in each aisle of former
transeptal chapels. C15 clerestorey. C14 chancel arch. Nave
roof on wooden shafts with carved angels in capital-zone.
Piscina and triple sedilia with multi-cusped arches on long
shafts of Bethersden marble. Fittings: C15 glass in chancel
window-heads. Chest tomb to Edward Lake, d. 1845. Ogee
canopy with pinnacles, not unarchaeologically early C15.
Listing NGR: TQ7836972092
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings