This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9991 / 51°59'56"N
Longitude: -0.9886 / 0°59'18"W
OS Eastings: 469532
OS Northings: 233888
OS Grid: SP695338
Mapcode National: GBR 9XQ.NVL
Mapcode Global: VHDT8.T07T
Entry Name: Trolly Hall
Listing Date: 13 October 1952
Last Amended: 21 November 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1204476
English Heritage Legacy ID: 377132
Location: Buckingham, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, MK18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Buckingham
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Buckingham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP6933 CASTLE STREET
879-1/6/31 (South side)
(Formerly Listed as:
Large town house, now partly offices. Early C18, with C19 and
C20 alterations. Red brick in Flemish bond with flared
headers, stone dressings, all painted, hipped plain-tile roof
and brick end stacks. Double-depth plan. 3-storey, 5-window
Central, 6-panel door, approached by 3 stone steps with
rounded ends. Door has overlight divided into 4 lights with
shallow ogee-arched heads, moulded stone surround and cornice
supported by console brackets either end. 12-pane sash windows
to ground, first and 2nd floors, round arch-headed window to
1st floor centre and circular window to 2nd floor above, all
with moulded stone surrounds. Rendered plinth with
wave-moulded coping, rusticated quoins and sill bands, that to
1st hollow-chamfered to underside, that to 2nd with wave
moulding to underside and extra upper moulding. Deep bracketed
stone cornice, and plain stone-coped parapet with rusticated
quoins. Central projection to rear housing staircase, and
2-storey extension to rear left.
INTERIOR: dogleg stair from ground floor to attic with turned
balusters on bulbous feet, moulded handrail, square newels and
close strings. Stone cellar. Some rooms with raised and
Replaces a house of 1670 destroyed in fire of 1725.
(Richardson A E: The Smaller English House: 207; FIG 193).
Listing NGR: SP6953833888
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings