History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Ash Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Werrington, Staffordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.0231 / 53°1'23"N

Longitude: -2.1076 / 2°6'27"W

OS Eastings: 392882

OS Northings: 347315

OS Grid: SJ928473

Mapcode National: GBR 25K.FZ2

Mapcode Global: WHBCV.L8MS

Entry Name: Ash Hall

Listing Date: 3 January 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1204508

English Heritage Legacy ID: 274825

Location: Werrington, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, ST2

County: Staffordshire

District: Staffordshire Moorlands

Civil Parish: Werrington

Built-Up Area: Stoke-on-Trent

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire

Church of England Parish: Werrington St Philip

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Wetleyrocks

Listing Text

SJ 94 NW CAVERSWALL AND WERRINGTON ROAD
WERRINGTON C.P. (South side)

1/23 Ash Hall

3.1.67 II

Large house. Circa 1841. Built for Job Meigh, a local potter. Ashlar;
slate roof with elaborate Flemish gable parapets, fretted balustrades
and mock miniature brabazons at angles, stacks remoyed. L-shaped plan
with service range forming a complete limb. Tudor/Flemish-Gothic style.
Entrance front in two parts, the main front symmetrical of two tall storeys
and gable-lit attics, a composition of slightly projecting gabled wings with
three-sided bay windowsplaced centrally rising to two storeys with stone
mullioned and transomed lights; the first floor central recess has a moulded
band running across to the gables and a central stepped 3-light window; the
band forms a cornice to a widely projecting single-storey porch which has
octagonal miniature turrets at angles rising to domed pinnacles; the stone,
fretted parapet has a central coat of arms over a Tudor-arch double doorway
with part glazed doors. Lower service wing of two windows of similar style
attached to right and continued extensively to rear.


Listing NGR: SJ9288247315

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.