This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0004 / 52°0'1"N
Longitude: -0.9868 / 0°59'12"W
OS Eastings: 469651
OS Northings: 234030
OS Grid: SP696340
Mapcode National: GBR 9XQ.HBS
Mapcode Global: VHDT2.VZ5D
Entry Name: The White House
Listing Date: 13 October 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1204864
English Heritage Legacy ID: 377190
Location: Buckingham, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, MK18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Buckingham
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Buckingham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP6934 MARKET HILL
879-1/5/90 (South side)
The White House
Town house, now offices. Mid C18, altered C20. Rendered with
incised masonry patterns and hipped slate roof. Double-depth
plan. 3-storey, 5-window range.
6-panel, double-leaf doors approached by 1 stone step with
fanlight, moulded surround with imposts and round-arched head
with key block, flanked by unfluted Ionic half-columns
supporting entablature and pediment and shadow surround with
sections of entablature. C20 windows replacing sashes to all
floors with moulded surrounds. Plinth, rusticated quoins,
storey bands and bracketed wood eaves. 3 central bays break
forward and bear pediment. 2-storey wing to rear right with
2-storey canted bay window to end wall.
INTERIOR: central cross passage with plaster barrel-vault and
plaster groin vault preceding back door. Stone-paved floor
with slate diamonds to intersections. Oak dogleg staircase
from ground floor to attic with column newels, stick
balusters, ramped handrail and curved tread ends.
Listing NGR: SP6955334027
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings