This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0455 / 54°2'43"N
Longitude: -0.3096 / 0°18'34"W
OS Eastings: 510782
OS Northings: 462381
OS Grid: TA107623
Mapcode National: GBR VP8N.SK
Mapcode Global: WHHFC.6LV0
Entry Name: Station House
Listing Date: 14 November 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1204977
English Heritage Legacy ID: 167790
Location: Burton Agnes, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO25
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Burton Agnes
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Burton Agnes St Martin
Church of England Diocese: York
BURTON AGNES STATION ROAD
12/34 Station House
Station master's house and waiting room, now dwelling. 1845 by G T Andrews
for the York and North Midland Railway Company. Brown brick with
ashlar and red brick dressings and Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays with
projecting single-storey, single-bay former waiting room to front. Plinth.
Entrance to house to second bay, a 4-panel, part-glazed door under flat arch
of red brick. Entrance to former waiting room now blocked, with ashlar
surround of pilasters, round arch, keystone, cornice and blocking course.
12-pane sashes throughout under flat arches of red brick. Continuous ashlar
sill bands. Rear stacks. Roof with wide overhanging eaves. Range to rear
under pent roof.
Listing NGR: TA1078262381
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings