This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2234 / 53°13'24"N
Longitude: 0.2052 / 0°12'18"E
OS Eastings: 547319
OS Northings: 371869
OS Grid: TF473718
Mapcode National: GBR LWB.YGZ
Mapcode Global: WHJLT.37ZP
Entry Name: The Rectory
Listing Date: 30 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1204980
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196060
Location: Willoughby with Sloothby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN13
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Willoughby with Sloothby
Built-Up Area: Willoughby (East Lindsey)
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Willoughby St Helen
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 47 SE WILLOUGHBY WITH BONTHORPE ROAD
SLOOTHBY (south east side)
1/59 The Rectory
Rectory. Mid C18 with early C19 alterations, extension and
alterations by Bejamin Broadbent in 1856 and James Fowler 1875.
Red brick in Flemish bond, Farlesthorpe yellow brick, slate roof.
Single axial brick stack with moulded top. 2 storey with garret,
3 bay front having plinth and eaves band, central panelled door
with plain fanlight in Cl9 Farlesthorpe brick added porch with
flat roof. To left a canted bay window with hipped slate roof,
also in yellow brick and to right a blank C18 window opening. To
first floor are 2 similar openings and a glazing bar sash, all
with segmental brick heads. To left side a fixed glazing bar
early C19 stair window in a slightly projecting bay has a semi-
circular head. The right hand side front has a C18 canted 2
storey bay window with plain sashes, and the 1856 yellow brick
addition has a matching bay. Interior retains early Cl9 stick
baluster stair with carved string, and some C18 door joinery. A
large moat surrounds the Rectory.
Listing NGR: TF4731971869
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings