History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Number 69 with Attached Wall and Barn

A Grade II Listed Building in Washingborough, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2241 / 53°13'26"N

Longitude: -0.4724 / 0°28'20"W

OS Eastings: 502084

OS Northings: 370756

OS Grid: TF020707

Mapcode National: GBR FMT.TMY

Mapcode Global: WHGJ6.Q786

Entry Name: Number 69 with Attached Wall and Barn

Listing Date: 28 August 1967

Last Amended: 2 July 1991

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1205158

English Heritage Legacy ID: 192836

Location: Washingborough, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, LN4

County: Lincolnshire

District: North Kesteven

Civil Parish: Washingborough

Built-Up Area: Washingborough

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Washingborough St John

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Washingborough

Listing Text

WASHINGBOROUGH MAIN ROAD
TF 0270 (north side)

12/65
No 69 with attached wall
28.8.67 and barn (formerly listed
as No 71)

- II

Farmhouse. Late C16, remodelled 1839. Coursed limestone rubble with
ashlar dressings. Slate roofs with a gable, a ridge and a lateral brick
stack. Quions and brick plinth. 2 storey. Street front 3 bays, with
central moulded and 4 centred arched doorway with moulded hood and plank
door, above 2 plaques inscribed H.W.H and 1839. To the left a 4-light
and to the right a 3-light cavetto moulded mullion window. Above a
central 2-light window with hoodmould flanked by single 3-light window,
all with cavetto moulded mullions. To the left a boundary wall with a
central moulded and 4 centred arched gateway, presumably the original
front doorway. The east front has a single margin light sash, and a
casement, and then a single 3-light cavetto moulded mullion window. To
the west an early C19 barn with half hipped pantile roof.


Listing NGR: TF0208470756

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.