This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5706 / 52°34'14"N
Longitude: 0.3839 / 0°23'2"E
OS Eastings: 561657
OS Northings: 299640
OS Grid: TL616996
Mapcode National: GBR N5V.V6Q
Mapcode Global: WHJPZ.WN06
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 9 July 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1205531
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221459
Location: Fordham, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE38
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: Fordham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Hilgay All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TFL 69 NW FORDHAM
8/13 Church of St. Mary
Parish church. Late C13, mid C14 and 1730. Carstone and ashlar with slate
roof (pantiles to chancel). Nave and chancel, the tower demolished 1730.
Diagonal buttress to north-west, flat to south-west with additional c.1730
brick buttress to south of west end. Rendered west bell-cote. South aisle
removed and 3-bay arcade blocked reusing 2 2-light early Perpendicular windows.
Eaves rebuilt in brick. 3 stepped buttresses. Similar chancel south window
and 2-light Y north window (no east window). East nave gable rebuilt 1730
in brick with tumbling. 3 stepped buttresses to north nave, one 2-light window
as south, one 3-light C15 Perpendicular window with supermullions. Interior.
Chancel arch on demi-columns with high polygonal bases and moulded circular
capitals supporting wave moulded arch. Rere-arch to north window. 1730 nave
roof : tie beams, principals and collars on arched braces, 2 tiers staggered
butt purlins with windbracing to upper tier.
Listing NGR: TL6165799640
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings