History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stable Cottage the Coach House

A Grade II Listed Building in Dormansland, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1791 / 51°10'44"N

Longitude: 0.0382 / 0°2'17"E

OS Eastings: 542563

OS Northings: 144178

OS Grid: TQ425441

Mapcode National: GBR LMR.4GB

Mapcode Global: VHHQ2.MM2H

Entry Name: Stable Cottage the Coach House

Listing Date: 11 June 1958

Last Amended: 25 April 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1205871

English Heritage Legacy ID: 287486

Location: Dormansland, Tandridge, Surrey, TN8

County: Surrey

District: Tandridge

Civil Parish: Dormansland

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Dormansland St John the Evangelist

Church of England Diocese: Southwark

Find accommodation in
Edenbridge

Listing Text

TQ 44SW LINGFIELD C.P. STARBOROUGH LANE

10/245 The Coach House and
Stable Cottage
11/6/58 (formerly listed as
Starborough Castle
Stable Range)

II

Former Stable Coach House now converted to houses and divided. C18. Red brick
with blue brick headers on brick plinth. Stone coped parapet to centre, hipped
plain tiled roof, lower roofs to ends hipped to right and half hipped to right.
End stacks to centre roof and central wooden boarded bell-turret with attached
louvred openings under pyramidal roof and metal weathervane. 2 storeys with brick
dentil eaves bands, stone spheres on parapet. Regular fenestration, 2 blocked
windows with render infill on first floor left, right hand window with remains of
pigeon holes. 2 cambered head glazing bar sash windows on first floor centre,
2 casements to right on first floor. Central blind panel with clock face to first
floor centre; arched casement windows to ground floor left. Double casement doors
in pseudo panel pilaster and board surround to centre of left hand range, 6 panel
door with V pattern panels and depressed arched head in architrave surround under
open gabled hood over to centre. 6 fielded panel door to centre of right hand
range under flat hood on braces, C20 panelled door in boarded surround to right end.
Rear:- Tile hung on first floor. Single storey hipped wing to right angles to
left of centre.


Listing NGR: TQ4256344178

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.