This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.736 / 53°44'9"N
Longitude: -2.4059 / 2°24'21"W
OS Eastings: 373324
OS Northings: 426698
OS Grid: SD733266
Mapcode National: GBR CTM7.YH
Mapcode Global: WH973.0CM8
Entry Name: Church of Immanuel
Listing Date: 9 March 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1206058
English Heritage Legacy ID: 183893
Location: Hyndburn, Lancashire, BB5
Electoral Ward/Division: St Oswald's
Built-Up Area: Oswaldtwistle
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Oswaldtwistle
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
OSWALDTWISTLE NEW LANE
SD 72 NW
4/90 Church of Immanuel
Church, 1836-7, by J.& T. Stones; enlarged 1866-7. Coursed squared sandstone,
and snecked rock-faced stone, slate roof. Cruciform plan: west tower, nave;
transepts and chancel with organ house and side chapel (1866-7). Simple
Early English style. Three-stage tower incorporating porch has diagonal
buttresses to 1st stage, door with pointed arch, narrow lancets in each side,
coupled belfry lancets, and pinnacles. Buttressed 4-bay nave has tall coupled
lancets, transepts have 2 lancets and chancel 3 lancets with traceried heads.
Interior: wide nave with flat ceiling and west gallery (c.1840), approached
by reflected pair of staircases; 3 pointed arches at east end (organ house,
chancel, side chapel); in north transept 2 stained glass windows in Morris
style (1897); traceried chancel screen to commemorate coronation of
King Edward VII; and traceried oak Organ Screen early C20.
Listing NGR: SD7409627519
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings