This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.7299 / 53°43'47"N
Longitude: -1.7735 / 1°46'24"W
OS Eastings: 415041
OS Northings: 425964
OS Grid: SE150259
Mapcode National: GBR JT19.VP
Mapcode Global: WHC9N.QHPZ
Entry Name: Ivy House south View
Listing Date: 9 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1208432
English Heritage Legacy ID: 336806
Location: Bradford, BD12
Electoral Ward/Division: Wyke
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Wyke
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 LOWER WYKE LANE
South View and Ivy House
SE 1525 68/796
Circa 1782 built as school during enlargement of Moravian settlement at this date.
Two storeys and attic, irregularly coursed sandstone "brick", flush quoins. Stone
slate, roof with prominent shaped kneelers to gable ends. Corniced chimneys. Three
window symmetrical entrance front with central pediment - gable containing a plain
Venetian window. Flanking windows on ground and first floors are of 3 lights with
square mullions, single light to centre above entrance, all in squared surrounds.
Plain squared jamb doorway. Rear has 2 and 3 light square mullion windows with
central stair light of 3 superimposed mullion and transom windows.
Listing NGR: SE1504125964
Other nearby listed buildings