This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.84 / 53°50'23"N
Longitude: -1.7241 / 1°43'26"W
OS Eastings: 418252
OS Northings: 438226
OS Grid: SE182382
Mapcode National: GBR JR1.81
Mapcode Global: WHC93.HR72
Entry Name: Plumpton Cottage and Barn Adjoining East Side of Plumpton House plumpton House
Listing Date: 4 September 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1209516
English Heritage Legacy ID: 336898
Location: Bradford, BD10
Electoral Ward/Division: Idle and Thackley
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Idle Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 MITCHELL LANE
Simpson Green BD10
4.9.52 Plumpton House,
Plumpton Cottage and barn adjoining
east side of Plumpton House
SE 1838 17/70
A range of buildings with the house in the centre, the cottage at the west end and
a barn at the east end. The house is of early C17 origin, large irregularly coursed
gritstone blocks. Four and 5 light chamfered mullion windows on ground floor.
Late C18 three light square mullion windows inserted first floor. Chamfered jamb
doorway with heavy lintel dated 1601, modern door. Above is a very small single block
lancet. The cottage projects at the west end: circa 1800 sandstone "brick". Three
light square mullion windows and blocked first floor former doorway (adaptation of
former outhouse). The large barn at the east end of range has dry walled sandstone
"bricks", flush quoins, aisled to north. Two storey outshot to rear of house and
single storey one to cottage. The whole under stone slate roofs, corniced chimneys.
Listing NGR: SE1825238226
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings