This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8973 / 52°53'50"N
Longitude: -0.9682 / 0°58'5"W
OS Eastings: 469505
OS Northings: 333817
OS Grid: SK695338
Mapcode National: GBR BM7.81Z
Mapcode Global: WHFJD.3F6P
Entry Name: Group of Headstones South of South Transept Approximately 10 Metres North of South Churchyard Wall of Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 23 June 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1210664
English Heritage Legacy ID: 241820
Location: Colston Bassett, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG12
Civil Parish: Colston Bassett
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Colston Bassett
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
COLSTON BASSETT NEW ROAD
SK63SE (east side, off)
4/13 Group of headstones
- south of south transept
approx. 10 metres north
of south Churchyard
wall of Church of
Group of headstones. Mid to late C18. Slate. The following 6 are
of listable quality:
1. Tall, shaped, classical with finely cut details to Ann relict of
Charles Church d.1793. Signed 'Wood', Bingham.
2. Tall, shaped, classical, fine detail with a circular panel in head
with vase. To Charles Church d.1791.
3. Small, rectangular with round-faced winged angel. To Mary wife
of Thomas Church d.1757.
4. Shaped, classical with flowing foliage. To Thomas son of Charles
and Ann Church d.1798 aged 21 years.
5. Tall, shaped, classical with flowing foliage to Ann daughter of
Charles and Mary Church d.1800.
6. Rectangular with chamfered-off corners. To Charles Church jun.
Listing NGR: SK6950533816
Other nearby listed buildings