This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.456 / 52°27'21"N
Longitude: -1.9322 / 1°55'55"W
OS Eastings: 404706
OS Northings: 284226
OS Grid: SP047842
Mapcode National: GBR 5SK.8H
Mapcode Global: VH9Z2.GJDL
Entry Name: St Clears
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1210750
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217052
Location: Birmingham, B15
Electoral Ward/Division: Edgbaston
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Edgbaston St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
SP 08 SW 11/17
1914, for J E By W H Bidlake. In an Arts and Crafts style. Purple brick
with red brick and a minimum use of yellow stone and tile-hanging; tiled roof.
Two storeys plus attic; 3 gabled bays, the outer 2 advanced. Colure and form
give the facade to the road a character quite different from that of the more
freely treated garden front. Ground floor with a 4-light transomed window,
a narrow 3-light window and the door within a simple moulded surround and a
3-light transomed window. First floor with a 3-light windows, 2 cross-windows
and a small 2-light window within an arcade, as it were, with polychromatic
brick tympana and another 3-light window. All the windows, except one, with
leaded lights, more elaborate in their leading in the centre bay. In the
central gable two 2-light casements with leaded lights between bands of tile work.
Inside, the staircase leads up to a groin-vaulted bedroom passage.
Listing NGR: SP0470684226
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings