This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.409 / 52°24'32"N
Longitude: -1.9284 / 1°55'42"W
OS Eastings: 404963
OS Northings: 278997
OS Grid: SP049789
Mapcode National: GBR 3GG.Z4V
Mapcode Global: VH9Z8.JQC5
Entry Name: Old Grammar School on the North Side of the Churchyard to the Church of St Nicholas
Listing Date: 25 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1211444
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217166
Location: Birmingham, B30
Electoral Ward/Division: Kings Norton
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Kings Norton
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
5104 (north-west side)
Kings Norton B38
Old Grammar School on
the north side of the
churchyard to the Church
of St Nicholas
SP 0478 NE 58/2 25.4.52
Probably built as the priest's house to St Nicholas's Church. Early C15 altered.
Stone plinth; ground floor brick with stone quoins; first floor half-timbered. Two
storeys; 3 bays, the centre one advanced, gabled and containing the porch. Ground
floor apparently underbuilt when the porch was added probably in the late C16. All
windows mullioned, in stone on the ground floor and in wood on the first. On the
right hand return, a window with rusticated tracery. To the left, a modern staircase
of C1910. Inside, some simple C17 panelling and the roof of 3 trusses forming
2 centred arches.
Listing NGR: SP0496278998
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings