History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

1 and 2 Elgin Mews North including 170 Randolph Avenue

A Grade II Listed Building in Maida Vale, London

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.5303 / 51°31'48"N

Longitude: -0.1863 / 0°11'10"W

OS Eastings: 525906

OS Northings: 182822

OS Grid: TQ259828

Mapcode National: GBR 25.CM

Mapcode Global: VHGQR.QSCR

Entry Name: 1 and 2 Elgin Mews North including 170 Randolph Avenue

Listing Date: 30 August 1974

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1211531

English Heritage Legacy ID: 209638

Location: Westminster, London, W9

County: London

District: City of Westminster

Electoral Ward/Division: Maida Vale

Parish: Non Civil Parish

Built-Up Area: City of Westminster

Traditional County: Middlesex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: St Mark Hamilton Terrace

Church of England Diocese: London

Find accommodation in
Maida Vale

Listing Text

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 03/09/2015


TQ 2582 NE
20/3

CITY OF WESTMINSTER,
ELGIN MEWS NORTH (west end), W9,
Nos. 1 and 2 including 170 Randolph Avenue

(Formerly listed as Nos 17 and 18 including 170 Randloph Avenue, ELGIN MEWS NORTH (west end))

30.8.74

GV II

Pair of houses linked by mews arch. c.1864, heavily restored c.1980 and possibly reconstructed behind street facade. Yellow brick in Flemish bond with red brick dressings and freestone detailing. Each house 2 storeys. Monumental composition of 3 bays with central carriage arch. Italian Gothic style. Flanking red brick pilasters with Lombard frieze for capitals supporting freestone cornice. Round carriage arch with cogged moulding and pointed head with red brick. Keystone and hood-mould. To either side a triple group of round-arched sashes in round-arched arcade with pointed heads with red brick banding and keystone supported on freestone colonettes with spiral lower half and foliate capitals. Red brick sunk panels above. Parapet with pilasters continuing in red brick. Entrances to rear. Round-arched sashes to return wall with similar detailing to front.


Listing NGR: TQ2590682822

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.