This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9242 / 51°55'27"N
Longitude: -0.9261 / 0°55'33"W
OS Eastings: 473946
OS Northings: 225617
OS Grid: SP739256
Mapcode National: GBR C03.6PL
Mapcode Global: VHDTH.WWST
Entry Name: White House Farmhouse
Listing Date: 4 June 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1212147
English Heritage Legacy ID: 396651
Location: East Claydon, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, MK18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: East Claydon
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: The Claydons
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 72 NW EAST CLAYDON CHURCH WAY
1/17 White House
House. C16-C17, altered. Whitewashed roughcast, probably
over timber frame, some framing exposed to left side. Rubble
stone plinth. Old tile roof. Chimney stacks of thin brick
with square shafts set diagonally, 2 to left side and right gable,
4 to centre. L-plan. 2 storeys and attic, first floor of main
wing jettied over plaster cove with moulded wall plate and bressumer.
4 bays, that to left projecting to front and gabled with modillioned
bargeboards. 3-light leaded casements, those to first floor with
moulded wooden cornice tops. Left bay has smaller similar window
to attic of front gable, canted bay window with leaded lights and
transoms to right-hand return wall and C20 door in angle with main
wing. Third bay has C16 door, boarded and studded, in moulded
frame, and porch dated 1662 EVM 1894. Porch is of ashlar to front
and thin brick to sides, and has 4-centred arch with shields to
spandrels,fluted Doric pilasters on panelled plinths, moulded
entablature continued round sides, and pediment. Single leaded light
to left of porch. Centre of range has ashlar niche with shallow
arched head. Interior: projecting wing has stone fireplace with
4-centred arch to ground floor.
RCHM II p. 103 Mon.2.
Listing NGR: SP7394625617
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings