This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9179 / 51°55'4"N
Longitude: -0.8253 / 0°49'30"W
OS Eastings: 480891
OS Northings: 225024
OS Grid: SP808250
Mapcode National: GBR D1K.N68
Mapcode Global: VHDTR.N222
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 19 August 1959
Last Amended: 17 May 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1213178
English Heritage Legacy ID: 397588
Location: Hoggeston, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, MK18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Hoggeston
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Hoggeston
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 82 NW HOGGESTON MAIN STREET
3/59 The Old Rectory
(formerly listed as
The Old House)
House. 1784, with side wings c.1910-30, Red brick with moulded
brick plinth. White painted stone dressings: band at impost level
of central bay, first floor band course, cornice, moulded pediment,
and coping to parapet. Half-hipped Mansard roof of old tiles with
brick chimneys to ends of ridge. 2 storeys, basement and attic.
The N. front has 3 bays, the outer ones slightly projecting, all
below single pediment with segmental plastered fan in the manner of
Robert Adam in tympanum. Outer bays have tripartite barred sashes,
with round arched heads to basement, tall 3-pane sashes to ground
floor with plastered fans over, and sash windows with marginal glazing
to first floor. Central bay has 10 moulded steps with fine wrought
iron balustrade leading to flush-panelled door. Wooden doorcase
has paired pilaster strips, moulded cornice on scrolls bracket and
semi-circular fanlight with radiating wrought iron glazing bars above.
3-pane sash window to first floor. All openings have gauged brick
heads or arches. Attic windows to sides. S. front is similar but
with 9-panelled door, smaller fanlight, and all sashes 3-pane.
Single storey flanking wings have white painted stone band courses
and parapets with similar coping. Each has Doric portico to S.
Listing NGR: SP8089125024
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings