This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7772 / 51°46'37"N
Longitude: -1.0049 / 1°0'17"W
OS Eastings: 468752
OS Northings: 209192
OS Grid: SP687091
Mapcode National: GBR B0D.JRV
Mapcode Global: VHDV7.JLMG
Entry Name: Number 66 (The Mound) and Garden Wall of 30 Metres Running North
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1213238
English Heritage Legacy ID: 397787
Location: Long Crendon, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Long Crendon
Built-Up Area: Long Crendon
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Long Crendon
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
5132 LONG CRENDON BICESTER ROAD
25.10.51 No 66 (The Mound)
and garden wall of
- 30 metres running north
SP 6809 1/6
C16, enlarged and restored in C20. Two storeys, rubble stone with quoins,
timber-framed with brick infill above. Thatched roof. L-shaped. Front
to street has gable on left with old oak 2-light leaded casement to ground
floor, two adjacent 2-light leaded casements above. Wing on right has
four 3-light leaded upper casements in thatch and 8 casements to ground
floor irregularly spaced: the one on the left an old oak 2-light window.
Arched entrance in stone base on extreme right. One stack on left. Left
hand flank elevation has central old oak door with small leaded fanlight,
4-light leaded casement on right, 3-light on left. Good framing above
with diagonal bracing to main posts. One 3-light casement under thatch.
Diagonal stack left of centre, end stacks. Rubble stone garden wall to
Listing NGR: SP6875209192
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings