This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8004 / 52°48'1"N
Longitude: -1.629 / 1°37'44"W
OS Eastings: 425107
OS Northings: 322601
OS Grid: SK251226
Mapcode National: GBR 5DW.GYT
Mapcode Global: WHCG5.YWF0
Entry Name: The Abbey (Burton Abbey Club)
Listing Date: 24 March 1950
Last Amended: 22 June 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1213613
English Heritage Legacy ID: 272945
Location: Burton, East Staffordshire, Staffordshire, DE14
District: East Staffordshire
Civil Parish: Burton
Built-Up Area: Burton upon Trent
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Burton-on-Trent St Modwen
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
(Burton Abbey Club)
(Formerly listed as
SK 2522 NW 3/1 24.3.50.
Mainly C19. Ashlar and sham timber frame; 2 storeys; mullioned windows;
rustic porch; tiled roof. Built into and over the Infirmary of the Benedictine
Abbey which was founded in 1004 and the building embodies slight remains
being C13. The north elevation contains 2 original arches. Good original
timber roof, formerly open, incorporating early C13 wind braces. The house
is picturesquely sited on the river bank. AM.
Listing NGR: SK2510722601
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings