This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8014 / 52°48'5"N
Longitude: -1.6291 / 1°37'44"W
OS Eastings: 425099
OS Northings: 322715
OS Grid: SK250227
Mapcode National: GBR 5DW.8YG
Mapcode Global: WHCG5.YVD7
Entry Name: Church of St Modwen
Listing Date: 24 March 1950
Last Amended: 22 June 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1214046
English Heritage Legacy ID: 273014
Location: Burton, East Staffordshire, Staffordshire, DE14
District: East Staffordshire
Civil Parish: Burton
Built-Up Area: Burton upon Trent
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Burton-on-Trent St Modwen
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
1. (East Side)
Church of St Modwen
SK 2522 NW 3/36 24.3.50.
Parish church. 1719-26. By William & Richard Smith of Tettenhall and completed
by Francis Smith. Palladian. Ashlar. Nave with east apse and good west tower
of 3 stages surmounted by balustrade and urns. Large semi-circular headed
windows. Interior: Gallery. Cl5 font. Good neo-classical organ case of 1771.
Monument to Lady Fowler (1825) by Sir Rich Westmacott.
Listing NGR: SK2509922715
Other nearby listed buildings