History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Zion Baptist Chapel (Including Attached Railings)

A Grade II Listed Building in Rishangles, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2741 / 52°16'26"N

Longitude: 1.1662 / 1°9'58"E

OS Eastings: 616104

OS Northings: 268712

OS Grid: TM161687

Mapcode National: GBR VLJ.FMT

Mapcode Global: VHL9V.53CJ

Entry Name: Zion Baptist Chapel (Including Attached Railings)

Listing Date: 23 June 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1214244

English Heritage Legacy ID: 281332

Location: Rishangles, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP23

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk

Civil Parish: Rishangles

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Thorndon with Rishangles All Saints

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Bedingfield

Listing Text

RISHANGLES EYE ROAD
TM 16 NE
4/51 Zion Baptist Chapel
(including attached
railings)
- II
Baptist chapel. Dated 1862. Red brick with white brick gable end facade to
west. Slated roof. The front gable and porches have moulded verges and boxed
eaves. Single storey. Symmetrical facade with flanking pilaster strips and 2
narrow arched recesses with a brick band at springing level. Each recess
contains a non-opening casement window with glazing bars under a flat lintol
supported on console brackets. Below each window is a gabled porch with 4-
panel door in 2 leaves. In the gable is an inscribed circular panel with the
date. 4-bay sides with larger windows of similar pattern within square-headed
recesses. Attached to the left and right of the facade are short lengths of
contemporary wrought iron railings terminating in square brick piers. Further
railings to south extend along the road frontage of the churchyard. Gallery
at east end has 5 removable panels and 2 lower panels with sliding shutters,
all later alterations. Re-seated 1985.


Listing NGR: TM1610468712

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.