This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0322 / 52°1'56"N
Longitude: -0.9646 / 0°57'52"W
OS Eastings: 471129
OS Northings: 237597
OS Grid: SP711375
Mapcode National: GBR BYP.GYG
Mapcode Global: VHDT3.75FX
Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse
Listing Date: 25 September 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1214717
English Heritage Legacy ID: 399627
Location: Akeley, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, MK18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Akeley
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: North Buckingham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 73 NW AKELEY LECKHAMPSTEAD ROAD
3/27 Manor Farmhouse
Manor House. C16-17, altered C18. Coursed semi-dressed rubble stone,
old tile roof. Thin brick stacks with square shafts, three to right
hand front gable and two to E. gable, the latter with projecting brick
work above first floor level and diaper patterning. L-plan, two storeys.
Front has three bays of main wing and gable of cross wing to right. Ground
floor of main wing has 3-light leaded casement with moulded wooden mullions
and C19 extension obscuring left-hand bays. First floor has barred sash
window to left, paired modern casement to centre and paired leaded casement
with moulded mullion to right. Chimney stack to left half of gabled bay has
round oven projection to ground floor, C19 casements to right. W. front
is of two builds with three bays of barred sash windows under timber lintels,
and central panelled door, half-glazed, under flat stone hood on ornamental
wrought iron brackets.
RCHM II p. 56 MON 7
Listing NGR: SP7112937597
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings