This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.6783 / 53°40'41"N
Longitude: -0.3291 / 0°19'44"W
OS Eastings: 510468
OS Northings: 421496
OS Grid: TA104214
Mapcode National: GBR VT4X.K5
Mapcode Global: WHGFY.XTH1
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 17 October 1985
Last Amended: 17 October 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1214792
English Heritage Legacy ID: 165832
Location: Goxhill, North Lincolnshire, DN19
County: North Lincolnshire
Civil Parish: Goxhill
Built-Up Area: Goxhill
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Goxhill All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TA 1021-1121 GOXHILL HOWE LANE
16/33 The Old Vicarage
Vicarage, now house. 1760 with alterations and additions of 1872-3 by James
Fowler of Louth. Brick, with front in Flemish bond. Pantile roof.
Original section has 2-room central entrance hall plan with extension to
rear. 2 storeys, 5 first floor windows. Early C19 doorcase with reeded
pilasters and frieze, consoles with floral ornament supporting cornice and
hood; original 6-fielded-panel door and overlight with geometric glazing in
reveal. Single blocked segmental-arched window (now recessed panels) and
inserted C19 French window with margin lights to either side. 3-course
brick first floor band. 16-pane first floor sashes in flush wooden
architraves under segmental arches. Stepped and cogged brick eaves cornice.
Brick coped and tumbled gables with end stacks. Gable ends have two
segmental-arched blind panels to each floor. Interior largely altered in
C19; paper found behind original door architrave inscribed 1760.
Listing NGR: TA1046821496
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings