History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Flat the Old Parsonage the Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Newton Longville, Buckinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.9737 / 51°58'25"N

Longitude: -0.7665 / 0°45'59"W

OS Eastings: 484828

OS Northings: 231298

OS Grid: SP848312

Mapcode National: GBR D11.C05

Mapcode Global: VHDTD.NNNB

Entry Name: Flat the Old Parsonage the Old Rectory

Listing Date: 4 June 1952

Last Amended: 29 May 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1216030

English Heritage Legacy ID: 401353

Location: Newton Longville, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, MK17

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

Civil Parish: Newton Longville

Built-Up Area: Newton Longville

Traditional County: Buckinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Newton Longville

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Whaddon

Listing Text

SP 83 SW NEWTON LONGVILLE DRAYTON ROAD
(east side)

2/112 The Old Parsonage,The Old
Rectory and flat (formerly
listed as The Rectory)

4.6.52

- II

3 houses. The Old Vicarage:C18, altered. Vitreous brick with red
dressings, band course and slate roof. N. section has 2 storeys and
2 bays of leaded 2-light windows with rendered voussoir heads. Later
extensions and alterations to south. Interior has fragments of timber
frame, cambered moulded tie beam in first floor room and C18 staircase
with turned balusters, newel columns and moulded handrail. Linking
wing to The Old Rectory has 2 C20 doors in Georgian style doorcases.
The Old Rectory and flat: dated 1830 on rainwater head. Red brick with
plain parapet and pantile roof. 3 storeys. S.E. front of 3 bays. Barred
sash windows to centre bay, flanking tripartite sashes, those to
ground floor in segmental arches with panelled tympana. Upper windows
have gauged brick heads. Entry in centre bay has wide double doors with
arched glazed panels and panelled tympanum below C20 segmental hood.
Hood on Doric columns that were formerly inside the house. Side walls
have similar windows, some blocked. S.W. front has c.1900 conservatory
to centre.
RCHM II p 215 MON 3


Listing NGR: SP8482831298

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.