This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4757 / 52°28'32"N
Longitude: -0.9107 / 0°54'38"W
OS Eastings: 474080
OS Northings: 286980
OS Grid: SP740869
Mapcode National: GBR BSB.QKH
Mapcode Global: VHDR0.51DF
Entry Name: The Rectory
Listing Date: 25 July 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1216631
English Heritage Legacy ID: 189737
Location: Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16
District Council Ward: Market Harborough-Little Bowden
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: The TransfigurationSt Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
SP 7486 4/108 25.7.52.
1627. Built by Richard Morton, Rector, whose initials appear on the datestone.
Coursed ironstone with little exterior alteration. Stone slate roof. 2 storeys
with 3-storey gables and 3-light stone mullioned windows. Door with Tudor arch
in small projecting gabled multi-storey porch which has 2-light mullioned window
on each floor. Straight dripstones to windows. C19 door and interior. At rear,
rendered cross wing with band at 1st floor. Large external chimney.
Listing NGR: SP7408086980
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings