This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5703 / 51°34'12"N
Longitude: -0.7816 / 0°46'53"W
OS Eastings: 484542
OS Northings: 186412
OS Grid: SU845864
Mapcode National: GBR D5W.F76
Mapcode Global: VHDWB.DSPM
Entry Name: Borlase School
Listing Date: 16 July 1949
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1217598
English Heritage Legacy ID: 412754
Location: Marlow, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, SL7
Civil Parish: Marlow
Built-Up Area: Marlow
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Great Marlow with Marlow Bottom, Little Marlow and Bisham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
(North West Side)
SU 8486 2/80 16.7.49.
Founded by Henry Borlase in 1624. Central and original part 2 storeys and
attic. Flint with brick quoins and window surrounds. Old tile roof.
Central chimney with diamond and square shafts and elaborate offset head.
Central gable projection, former entry, now with one window on each floor.
On each side of projection one gabled dormer, and 8 light mullioned and
transomed casements below, with stone panel inscribed with text between.
A11 lights early C19 type. Flanking additions of different dates, all
modern, 1954 being main date, built in matching materials of flint and
No 104 and the Borlase School form a group.
Listing NGR: SU8454286412
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings