This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7566 / 53°45'23"N
Longitude: -1.7587 / 1°45'31"W
OS Eastings: 416009
OS Northings: 428947
OS Grid: SE160289
Mapcode National: GBR JHZ.XX
Mapcode Global: WHC9G.YTQY
Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 4 September 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1218216
English Heritage Legacy ID: 336963
Location: Bradford, BD12
Electoral Ward/Division: Wyke
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Low Moor
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 PARK HOUSE ROAD
Low Moor BD12
Church of the Holy
SE 12 NE 12/84 4.9.52
SE 1528 64/84
Built and endowed by William Rookes of Royds Hall in 1606 and consecrated 1636.
Originally known as Wibsey Chapel. A simple coursed gritstone chapel with plain,
rounded head, twin lights; the building was much enlarged and virtually rebuilt
in 1836, R H and S Sharpe, architect. The chancel was remodelled in 1883 though
retaining the C17 east window which has similarities in its tracery to the
Old Bell Chapel of 1612 at Thornton. The church, following the alterations
of 1836, is on a shallow view from plan with broad gabled transepts with
ashlar dressed grouped lancets. West tower with lancets and short stone
spire. The furnishings were renewed in 1883. In the base of the tower are
engraved tomb stones, mostly C17, commemorating members of the Rookes family.
Outside and reset in the 1836 work is a sundial with an engraved face
Listing NGR: SE1600928947
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings