History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Appletree Farmhouse and Attached Boundary Wall

A Grade II Listed Building in Ashover, Derbyshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1703 / 53°10'13"N

Longitude: -1.4767 / 1°28'36"W

OS Eastings: 435076

OS Northings: 363815

OS Grid: SK350638

Mapcode National: GBR 69Y.CFG

Mapcode Global: WHDFN.9K1Y

Entry Name: Appletree Farmhouse and Attached Boundary Wall

Listing Date: 30 August 1995

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1218520

English Heritage Legacy ID: 393466

Location: Ashover, North East Derbyshire, Derbyshire, S45

County: Derbyshire

District: North East Derbyshire

Civil Parish: Ashover

Traditional County: Derbyshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire

Church of England Parish: Ashover All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Derby

Find accommodation in
Ashover

Listing Text

ASHOVER
SK3563 HILLTOP ROAD
1264-0/11/57 (North side)
Appletree Farmhouse and attached
boundary wall
II
Farmhouse and attached boundary wall Dated 1794, with Cl9
alterations. Regularly coursed squared gritstone with ashlar
dressings, coped gables with plain kneelers, gable stacks (one
brick, one ashlar), and a Welsh slated roof. L-plan. West
elevation of 2 storeys and 3 bays, with a massive surround and
lintel to the central doorway, having a shallow rectangular
overlight and a 4-panelled door. Flanking the doorway are
stacked stone-framed windows, the surrounds flush except for
the sills. Glazing bar sashes, 2 x 3 pane, are late C19
replacements of earlier sashes. Smaller semicircular headed
window with flush stone surround and projecting keyblock above
the doorway. Between the doorway and window is a plaque with a
moulded cornice above, inscribed 'O B R 1794'.
Attached boundary wall of flagstones stood on edge, approx.
one metre high, linked to square gatepiers to entrance on the
south side of the house, with upswept double boarded gates.


Listing NGR: SK3507663814

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.