This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5129 / 51°30'46"N
Longitude: -0.1486 / 0°8'55"W
OS Eastings: 528566
OS Northings: 180954
OS Grid: TQ285809
Mapcode National: GBR BC.SV
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.C7SK
Entry Name: Grosvenor Estate Office
Listing Date: 24 February 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1219812
English Heritage Legacy ID: 208845
Location: Westminster, London, W1K
District: City of Westminster
Electoral Ward/Division: West End
Built-Up Area: City of Westminster
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St George, Hanover Square
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 2880 NE CITY OF WESTMINSTER BROOK STREET W1
69/33 (north side)
No 66 (Grosvenor Estate
Office) including No 53
No 66 is a terraced town house of c.1725-30 by Edward Shepherd. Brown brick with
stuccoed basement and ground floor. Three storeys, basement and attic. Four windows.
Channelled giant stucco pilasters flanking upper floors. Stucco cornice breaks forward
over pilaster caps. Pilastered doorway, up flight of steps, with consoles carrying
cornice. Architraves and cornices to ground floor windows. Interior has exceptional
plasterwork in style of Edward and John Shepherd including grand front staircase
compartment. No 66 extended along Davies Street originally but was curtailed in the
1820s-30s when No 53 of this street was built with a fine Greek revival facade by
Thomas Cundy II - but it retains a saloon and plasterwork revealing its earlier use as
wing of No 66.
Listing NGR: TQ2856180960
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings