This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4688 / 52°28'7"N
Longitude: -1.9213 / 1°55'16"W
OS Eastings: 405442
OS Northings: 285657
OS Grid: SP054856
Mapcode National: GBR 5VD.NW
Mapcode Global: VH9Z2.N64Q
Entry Name: 39 and 40, Calthorpe Road B15
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1220395
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216845
Location: Birmingham, B15
Electoral Ward/Division: Edgbaston
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Edgbaston St George with St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
Nos 39 and 40
SP 0585 NW 39/31
Circa 1830 pair of Calthorpe Estate semi-detached stucco villas. Two storeys,
3 bays each, with coach houses. Common hipped slate roof with flat eaves;
corniced stucco chimneys. Front articulated by giant order of Soanian incised
panel pilasters, coupled to centre at party wall. Plain revealed glazing
bar sashes on first floor. One ground floor window of each house replaced
circa 1850 by pilastered rectangular bay window with bracketed cornice, not
identical No 30 also has tripartite glazing bar sash window to right hand.
Narrow entrance bay to centre of each front with pediment on acanthus leaf
consoles above recessed doorways. No 39 has slightly recessed link wall,
with side entrance, to pediment gabled coach house (modernised). No 40 a
single bay 2 storey wing, virtually in same plane, containing segmental arched
coach house doors on ground floor with side entrance, and first floor window.
Listing NGR: SP0544285657
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings