This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4654 / 52°27'55"N
Longitude: -1.9198 / 1°55'11"W
OS Eastings: 405545
OS Northings: 285272
OS Grid: SP055852
Mapcode National: GBR 5VG.Z3
Mapcode Global: VH9Z2.N9YD
Entry Name: 4 and 5, Carpenter Road B15
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1220490
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216864
Location: Birmingham, B15
Metropolitan District Ward: Edgbaston
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Edgbaston St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
Nos 4 and 5
SP 0585 SE 45/12
Circa 1830 early pair of semi-detached 2 storey stucco villas of 4 bays each
treated as one range under a hipped slate roof with deep flat eaves. Corniced
stucco chimney stacks with square pots. Simply revealed glazing bar sashes
with block sills. Doorways, in second bay from each end, have delicate diamond
pattern cast iron trellis porches with coupled open work piers and segmental
arches, ogee lead roofs over; No 5 retains originaly 4 panel door; rectangular
fanlights. No 5 retains original screen wall to side including segmental.
arched coach house doors, under parapet coping. No 4 has its screen wall
coach house rebuilt mid C19 as a 2 storey wing with first floor oriel modern
garage doors. Separate hipped roof.
Listing NGR: SP0554585272
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings