This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4956 / 52°29'44"N
Longitude: -1.834 / 1°50'2"W
OS Eastings: 411363
OS Northings: 288642
OS Grid: SP113886
Mapcode National: GBR 6G3.Z8
Mapcode Global: VH9YY.5J8R
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Margaret
Listing Date: 25 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1220802
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217558
Location: Birmingham, B8
Electoral Ward/Division: Hodge Hill
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Ward End
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
ST MARGARET'S ROAD
5104 Ward End B8
Parish Church of
SP 18 NW 8/14 25.4.52
Medieval in origin. The building was said to be in ruins in the early C18,
but the west tower, although rendered, looks even now of that period. The
church was apparently in a ruinous state again in the early C19. In 1834
the present church was dedicated. Perhaps by J Frith and in a Commissioners'
Gothic style with lancet windows. Brick with stone dressings rendered.
Inside, a Gothic monument to William Hutton (1723-1815), the author of History
of Birmingham with a bust of 1848 by Peter Rollins of Birmingham and a good
Royal Arms on the north wall.
Listing NGR: SP1136388642
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings