This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.236 / 53°14'9"N
Longitude: -2.5931 / 2°35'35"W
OS Eastings: 360512
OS Northings: 371155
OS Grid: SJ605711
Mapcode National: GBR 7Q.00NH
Mapcode Global: WH99B.4XGM
Entry Name: Croft House
Listing Date: 18 July 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1227733
English Heritage Legacy ID: 402172
Location: Cuddington, Cheshire West and Chester, CW8
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Cuddington (Weaver and Cuddington Ward)
Built-Up Area: Sandiway
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Tyne and Wear
Church of England Parish: Sandiway St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Chester
CUDDINGTON C.P. WEAVERHAM ROAD
SJ 67 SW (East Side)
4/32 No. 82 (Croft House)
Formerly curate's house, now house: dated 1905 by John Douglas,
extended c1920 for Thompson family. English garden wall bond pink
brick with orange terracotta dressings, purple tile roof with red
ridge, brick chimneys with moulded cornices. Neo-vernacular style.
L-shaped plan. 1 and 2-storey 4-bay east front. Moulded band at 1st
floor rises above near central door. In terracotta raised lettering,
date and inscription reads:-
FOR EVERY HOUSE IS BUILDED BY SOME MAN
BUT HE THAT BUILDS ALL THINGS IS GOD
Studded board door with ornate furniture. Single lights to either
side and 4-light mullioned windows with basket arched heads on ground
storey and a similar window in gabled half-dormer with diaper work.
Remainder of original building preserves fenestration but addition has
larger windows. Incorporated to rear is an ashlar outbuilding with a
timber truss and an ornate tiebeam dated 1871.
Interior: 4-panelled doors in simple architraves. Plain stair with
Centre of Douglas's Village Green, formerly a public space isolated
from the road and forming a charming group.
Listing NGR: SJ6051271155
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings