This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.946 / 51°56'45"N
Longitude: -0.8824 / 0°52'56"W
OS Eastings: 476913
OS Northings: 228089
OS Grid: SP769280
Mapcode National: GBR BZR.ZPP
Mapcode Global: VHDTJ.NCC1
Entry Name: The Masters House of the Former Winslow Hospital
Listing Date: 2 April 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1227960
English Heritage Legacy ID: 402448
Location: Winslow, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, MK18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Winslow
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Winslow
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 72 NE WINSLOW HIGH STREET
3/155 The Master's House of the Former
Master's house of former hospital, originally workhouse. 1835, by
Sir G. Gilbert Scott. Red brick rendered band courses at impost
level of ground floor openings and cill of first floor. Off-set
brick eaves, hipped slate roof, brick stacks. 3 storeys. S. front
has 5 bays, 3 to centre forming canted projection. Barred sash
windows with gauged brick heads to ground and first floors. Ground
floorwindows have semi-circular arched tops with radiating glazing
bars and are set in slightly recessed arches of gauged brick.
Similar arch over central double doors with radiating fanlight
Second floor has C20 paired barred metal casements.
Listing NGR: SP7691328089
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings