This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.477 / 52°28'37"N
Longitude: -2.1204 / 2°7'13"W
OS Eastings: 391916
OS Northings: 286569
OS Grid: SO919865
Mapcode National: GBR 4FT.ZF
Mapcode Global: VH91J.60CG
Entry Name: Delph Locks
Listing Date: 9 April 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1228374
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217976
Location: Dudley, DY5
Electoral Ward/Division: Brierley Hill
Built-Up Area: Brierley Hill
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Brierley Hill
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
5106 MILL STREET
SO 98 NW 6/197
Circa 1854. A closely-spaced flight of narrow locks on the Stourbridge Canal
within a stretch bounded by Mill Street to north-east and Delph Road to south-west.
Known locally as "Nine Locks" although only eight now remain. Built of blue
brick with stone copings. Conventional lock machinery throughout.
Canal footbridge at Delph locks, Canal Stables at Delph Locks and Delph Locks form
Listing NGR: SO9191686569
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings