This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9229 / 52°55'22"N
Longitude: -1.4764 / 1°28'34"W
OS Eastings: 435302
OS Northings: 336289
OS Grid: SK353362
Mapcode National: GBR PKF.GL
Mapcode Global: WHDGT.9S7M
Entry Name: Guildhall
Listing Date: 24 February 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1228604
English Heritage Legacy ID: 403263
Location: Derby, DE1
County: City of Derby
Unitary Authority Ward: Arboretum
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: All Saints Derby
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 3536 SW 1/194
The building dates from 1828 and was designed by Matthew Habershon. Following
a fire the interior and facade were remodelled 1842 by Duesbury and Lee and the
clock tower added. Ashlar; 5: storeys; ground storey rusticated; slightly projecting
bays at either side each having pilaster sides and 1 sash window in moulded architrave.
Square tower projecting at centre has tall arcaded upper stage with cupola and
clock face on front and sides; on either side of tower at lst storey is a panel
of relief sculpture by John Bell; plain frieze, moulded eaves cornice and blocking
course surmounted by 4 urns. Ground storey has cobbled covered-way at centre which
is flanked by cast iron columns and leads to Market Hall at rear.
No 33, Guildhall, Market Hall, Nos 35 and 36 form a group.
Listing NGR: SK3530236289