This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5226 / 51°31'21"N
Longitude: -0.1484 / 0°8'54"W
OS Eastings: 528555
OS Northings: 182038
OS Grid: TQ285820
Mapcode National: GBR B8.VB
Mapcode Global: VHGQS.CZXM
Entry Name: 126-150, Harley Street W1
Listing Date: 24 January 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1229976
English Heritage Legacy ID: 210094
Location: Westminster, London, W1G
District: City of Westminster
Electoral Ward/Division: Marylebone High Street
Built-Up Area: City of Westminster
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Marylebone
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 2881 NE CITY OF WESTMINSTER HARLEY STREET, Wl
35/25; 45/2 (East side)
24.1.69 Nos. 126 to 150 (even)
Terraced town houses. c. 1820, by John White for the Portland Estate. Stock brick
with channelled stucco ground floors; slate roofs. 4 storeys (No. 130
with 5 storeys) and basements. 3-window wide fronts. Semicircular arched
broad doorways, to left from Nos. 126 to 134, to right thereafter; double
panelled doors with central circular panels in pilaster jambs with incised
Grecian detail, cornice doorheads under fanlights, mostly patterned.
Recessed sashes, under flat gauged arches to upper floors. 1st floor plat
band. Crowning stucco cornice and blocking course. Continuous cast iron
balconies to 1st floor of geometric, wheel and palmette pattern. Cast
iron area railings with tasselled spear heads.
Listing NGR: TQ2854482085
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings