History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II* Listed Building in Seagrave, Leicestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7523 / 52°45'8"N

Longitude: -1.083 / 1°4'58"W

OS Eastings: 461992

OS Northings: 317586

OS Grid: SK619175

Mapcode National: GBR 9MH.H08

Mapcode Global: WHFK3.B2KT

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 1 June 1966

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1230528

English Heritage Legacy ID: 405439

Location: Seagrave, Charnwood, Leicestershire, LE12

County: Leicestershire

District: Charnwood

Civil Parish: Seagrave

Built-Up Area: Seagrave

Traditional County: Leicestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire

Church of England Parish: Seagrave All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Leicester

Find accommodation in
Willoughby on the Wolds

Listing Text

SEAGRAVE

SK 61 NW CHURCH STREET (East Side)
4/131
1.6.66 Church of All Saints

GV II*

Church. C13-C15, restored and chancel rebuilt C19. Granite rubble stone with
stone dressings and Swithland slate roof. Stone coped gables, some with cross
finials. W tower, nave, aisles, chancel and N and S porches. Perp W tower
of 3 stages with clasping buttresses, W window, loopholes in second stage, 4
2-light bell openings, quatrefoiled lozenge frieze, remains of gargoyles,and
battlements. Inside, a double chamfered nave arch on semi-circular responds.
C13 bay N arcade with double chamfered arches on circular piers. Early C14
three bay S arcade with double chamfered arches on octagonal piers. Perp clerestory
with four windows either side, two to W of 2-lights, two to E of 3-lights.
C19 roof with curved braces to collars. In N aisle four windows with Reticulated
tracery, N door and porch. Piscina and aumbry. Double chamfered chancel arch
on responds with fillets. N and E windows with stained glass of 1881, others
with tinted glass. C19 boarded roof. Medieval altar stone remounted mid C20.
In S aisle three windows with Reticulated tracery and E window with plate tracery.
Rood loft arch near. Piscina and square niches. Pieces of C18 panelling, probably
from old box pews, against wall. S doorway with many-moulded arch and S porch
of 1889. Circular Norman font, blank arcading with colonettes carrying segmental
arches. C19 base. Interior retains two old chests, Royal arms on panel over
chancel arch, and two early C19 musical instruments, an ophicleide and a serpent.
Pevsner.


Listing NGR: SK6199217586

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.