History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Worting Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Basingstoke and Deane, Hampshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2616 / 51°15'41"N

Longitude: -1.1395 / 1°8'22"W

OS Eastings: 460138

OS Northings: 151739

OS Grid: SU601517

Mapcode National: GBR 953.SV4

Mapcode Global: VHD07.6KG5

Entry Name: Worting Farm

Listing Date: 6 November 1984

Last Amended: 10 January 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1230964

English Heritage Legacy ID: 137934

Location: Basingstoke and Deane, Hampshire, RG23

County: Hampshire

District: Basingstoke and Deane

Town: Basingstoke and Deane

Electoral Ward/Division: Buckskin

Built-Up Area: Basingstoke

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire

Church of England Parish: Winklebury The Good Shepherd

Church of England Diocese: Winchester

Find accommodation in
Oakley

Listing Text

In the entry for:
2/33 BASINGSTOKE OLD WORTING ROAD

Worting Farm

the item should be amended to read:
WORTING ROAD

Worting Farm

------------------------------------

SU 65 SW BASINGSTOKE OLD WORTING ROAD

2/33 Worting Farm

II

C17, C18, early C19. A range of buildings on 4 sides of a square courtyard, the
western range being of double width; minor breaks in the walling and roof levels
indicate changes. It was formerly a coaching inn (the White Horse) and the
carriageway entrance (block on the roadside wall) is open internally revealing
timber framework. The residential part on the west side of the courtyard is of
2 storeys, with tiled roof, brick dentil eaves, irregular fenestration in brick
walls (Flemish bond) the centre having 2 oval arches of rubbed bricks and stone
keystones (one dated 1759), gabled slightly projecting south side (early C19) and
windows of all periods, 2 old sashes; one arcade now blocked, the other ranges,
of about the same height, have inserted wide doorways and a carriageway (through
the east wing). Red tile roofing (gable, ½-hipped, full-hipped) and red brick
walling, with some blue headers, banding. The roadside elevation (north) is
raised in the centres (with a lead flat over) and becomes a pediment above the
former carriageway entrance (now blocked); 1st floor band, rubbed flat arches,
plinth. Sashes. Within there is some C17 panelling, C18 dado panelling and 6
panelled doors.


Listing NGR: SU6010451735

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.